Wednesday 18 July 2007

Where does the time go?

I can't believe it's been so long since I posted, but work has been absolutely crazy lately. I have been doing some knitting, though - it's the only thing that's saved what remains of my sanity.

BPT is still on the needles. I ran out of yarn, so I put it on hold. I now have more yarn, so it should resume soon.

In the meantime, I saw some lovely Laines du Nord Cashsilk on special offer at This is Knit and I just couldn't resist. So here's an almost-finished Rogue cardigan. This is part of the hood. Currently I have the body, hood and one sleeve done and I'm just up to the armhole on the second sleeve. Then I'll have to graft the hood seam, set in the sleeves, finish off the facings and (gulp!) put in a zip.

I swore I wouldn't start any more new projects, but I just couldn't resist this one. It's the Lace Wings shawl by Alice Cooley (pattern available from Lettuce Knit. The yarn is the fabulous Handmaiden Sea Silk in Bronze. I bought it from Tidal Brook Yarns on ebay. Incredible service, I ordered it on a Saturday and it arrived on the following Tuesday! Very reasonable delivery charge too. The pattern is quite simple, but effective and the needles get bigger as you go, so you can really see progress. I've done a bit since this picture and I think I'm now about 2/3 done.

No comments: